Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Green Dream Smoothie

Well, before the season for refreshing smoothies is officially replaced by the season for warming soups, I feel compelled to share this palate pleasing blend. I first tasted the combination at a little vegan cafe called Terri that is connected to my gym. Quite honestly, it now takes just about all the will power I have to not fork over $6 on a daily basis for this green treat.  

I think my rendition and the resulting ingredient proportions replicated the flavor of the Terri smoothie very well, so give it a try, you won't be disappointed. You also won't be disappointed in the simplicity of the preparation.


The recipe (serves 1):

1 c. almond milk
3/4 c. frozen kale (they now sell at Trader Joes!)
1/4 pear, skin removed and sliced (I used Bartlett)
1/2 banana, sliced
1 tsp. almond butter

Add to blender in the order above. Blend. Add a few ice cubes. Blend again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment