Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hot Crab Dip

Luckily for me, Friendsgiving is becoming an annual tradition, so not only do I get to spend quality time with my best friends, but I also get to chow down on Thanksgiving dinner more than once...Jackpot! 

In the presence of great cooks this meant there was no empty space on my plate to start the meal or in my stomach by the end of the night. Although the 40lb turkey got vetoed immediately, the spread of mouth watering side dishes were the real stars of the evening.  

My contributions to the meal started with the appetizer round. Though I can't claim to have been the genius behind the amazing pear, prosciutto and goat cheese app that kicked off the evening, I went with a hot crab dip that is a family favorite at our holiday celebrations. Usually I scoff at the sight of mayo in a recipe, but all bets are off when this delicious appetizer is in front of my face.   

The recipe:
1 lb lump crab meat
1 can artichoke hearts, drained
1 c reduced-fat mayonnaise (start with 3/4 cup and add in the final 1/4 cup as necessary)
1 c shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 c green onion
Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400. Make sure there are no shells in the lump crab meat. Chop up the artichoke hearts and combine all the ingredients into a baking dish (I used about a 10x7 sized dish). Bake for about 20 minutes until the dip is heated through and starting to bubble.

Easy as pie! Serve with celery stalks or your favorite crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment